220 Meridian Avenue
Miami Beach, FL 33139
Juan Carlos Zaldivar
Phonograph Films is a media production company.
We provide a personable, one-stop production and post-production service facility for independent filmmakers and artists, corporate clients, and foundations. Founded in NYC in 1986, we are now based in Miami Beach, Florida, USA.
Our clients include (among others):
IFC (Independent Film Channel)
WE (Women’s Entertainment)
World of Wonder
The Everglades Foundation
About the CEO
Cuban-born, Violenta Flores (aka Juan Carlos Zaldivar) is a LatinX visual artist who lives and works in the United States.
Zaldivar completed both a BFA and a Masters of Fine Arts at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts, and also taught as an adjunct faculty there.
• is producing a feature-length art film with the support of La Biennale di Venezia College Cinema 2019, Sundance Writers Lab, and Locarno Open Doors.
• associate produced the theatrical feature doc "Buena Vista Social Club, Adios" 2017
• co-produced the VR film "A history of Cuban dance", Sundance & SXSW 2016
• directed the VR doc entitled "SwampScapes" with Elizabeth Miller and Kim Grinfeder 2018
• started a film career as a sound editor and designer, and worked in Academy Nominated films such as Ang Lee's "Sense and Sensibility;" "On the ropes" and on HBO's America Undercover, which garnered an Emmy nomination.
• has had video artworks screened at many festivals worldwide and broadcast on PBS, ABC, IFC, Showtime, and WE.
• received numerous grants and awards.
• directing credits include "90 Miles" (PBS), "The Story of the Red Rose" (Showtime), "Palingenesis" and "Soldiers Pay" (IFC), co-directed with David O. Russell (Three Kings, The Fighter) and Tricia Regan (Autism, the musical).
• served as a Juror for several major film festivals including the Sundance International Film Festival.
• recently tenured with Doc Society (previously Britdoc Foundation) as the Outreach Director for their first PanAmerican event, Good Pitch Miami 2017 https://goodpitch.org/events/gpmia2017
Genres: Animation, Black Comedy, Documentary, Drama, Erotic, Family, Fantasy, Mystery, Romance, True Story